Sunday, December 20, 2009

Another present done :)

Well, I am still plugging along trying to finish my projects before Christmas.  This last set of gifts is for a good friend of mine and she is behind as well, so we have decided that if we have to exchange in January it will be ok with both of us.  One of her presents is a small mini roombox.  Every time that my friend comes to my home she has to see what is new in the dollhouse and she just loves all the tiny items, so I thought she might like a tiny scene of her own.


Every time we meet we have tea- my friend loves tea- so I wanted that to be a big part of the scene.  I took a paper mache box from Wal-Mart and cut a hole in the lid.  Then I glued that to the back of the box.  I used scrapbook paper for the wallpaper and a piece of peel and stick tile for the floor.  The hutch is a bashed Michael's hutch that I added some details to.  I bought the chair, but added a cute pink cushion to the chair.  I purchased the tea set and the flowers.  The angels are a set of earrings and a charm I cut the loops off of and the purses are metal charms also. She loves angels and purses!  I had to have a couple of stars because my friend loves them and she is always telling me I am a shinning star :)  The small table is a Barbie cake plate - I added a paper mache base onto it  to make it taller and I made the little treats on the plate and the tiered cake stand.  I'm proud of them, but I will be keeping my day job- they took me awhile to make!  I added a couple of family pictures of my friends family from a wedding they had this summer and a sign with their last name.  I hope she likes it!!  My friend is nuts about "I Love Lucy" too.  I could not figure out how to get that love into the scene- but if you stay tuned....next up I will be showing off the "I Love Lucy" apron I made for her.  I'm almost finished with it!  Hope you are all enjoying the season!!!!   Merry Christmas!!!  Here is a close up of those treats on the tiered tray that I worked so hard on :)

19 comments:

kibbygirl said...

that's beautiful kim! I love it.

Zlatica said...

SO beautiful present - your friend will be very happy with it.
Have a perfect Christmas, Kim.

sunshine said...

Your friend is going to LOVE IT!
What a wonderful gift~ :D

((Hugs))
Laura

De said...

The little room is beautiful, Kim! What a thoughtful gift.

Dlsarmywife said...

Kim, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I am sur your friend will adore it! =D

PonderandStitch said...

Omg, she is going to love it! That is the most adorable gift...what a thoughtful friend you are.

Lize said...

Your friend is very lucky to get such an adorable present. So much more personal than a store-bought one.

Jill said...

Oh Kim, your friend is going to love that! I love every little sweet detail!
Hugs,
Jill

Papillon Bleu said...

OMG! everything is so exquisite! I love your little cakes! yum! Every single detail and thought is a wonderful way to personalise your room for your friend.
I give you A+ .
And yes, she is right: you are a shining star!

kathi said...

How sweet of you to make this for your friend! I'm sure she will LOVE it! :)

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!! I am so excited to give it to her :) Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

julia said...

You have a very lucky friend to have someone who will take the time to make something so beautiful and meaningful to their friendship together. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.

Tallulah Belle said...

Kim it is beautiful...your friend is very lucky.

The cakes you made are great. You should make more and you'll get quicker :-)

Winters Reaper said...

you are very good.....


*claps*


very good indeed...

Doreen said...

That is beautiful Kim. Your friend is going to love it.

kimsminiatures said...

What a lovely gift Kim. I positive your friend will love it. Merry Christmas. Hugs~ Kim

Caseymini said...

Really great gifties, Kim. How lucky your friend is!

JFolk said...

How special, I sure do love it too! What a lucky gal to have a friend so thoughtful!
mini hugs
Jaime

Gonda's miniature said...

Wonderful room box, your friend just like it.

Merry Christmas!