Monday, November 23, 2009

a little play time

I am plugging right along at a good speed on my projects so on sunday I rebelled and had a little play time.  I want to decorate both of my dollhouses for christmas, but I'm not sure if that will happen this year.  For one thing, Bernard the bear's house is still in progress :)  I did, however, decorate the outside of both houses for the holiday season.  Please excuse the pins if you spot them- I'll have to come up with a better way to attach everything that does not involve glue.  Anyhow, first is some pictures of the bakery and flower shop all dolled up for the holidays.  This was so much fun, even my hubby was making things to add!



Of course, Bernard was jealous and had to have his house decorated too, even though it is not finished yet- he doesn't even have a shingled roof!



If time gets away from me and I don't post again- I wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate it this week!

20 comments:

Claudia said...

Even though I haven't done anything to my dollhouse yet, I do want to decorate it for Christmas. I have to get some lights - the dollhouse will be right next to our Christmas tree in the den.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

xo
Claudia

sunshine said...

Awww.. I love the dollhouse all "Christmas-ed" up!! Looks awesome.
I'm glad that you had time to play!!!!

((Hugs))
Laura

Katie said...

Love all the wreaths in the windows!! Everything looks great!! :)
Katie

Liberty Biberty said...

The houses are looking very festive Kim! Just beautiful!
Mercedes

julia said...

Awww.... I love them. Your doll houses are more dressed up than my real house.

Kim said...

Thank you everyone- what fun this was!!! The hubby was even decorating tiny wreaths :)

Dani said...

Hi Kim, i love your decorations !!!...really beautiful...it looks so cosy !!

xx Dani

Papillon Bleu said...

Woohoo! it's getting all Chritsmassy everywhere!!!!

MiniMadWoman said...

Kim, everything looks wonderful and very festive . . . even without shingles! LOL!

You've inspired me to get my dollhouses decorated . . . but where to begin? LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

Blessings,
Teresa

Minna said...

They look so nice and festive!

Jolie said...

Oh that is so pretty!

Maia's Twinkle Miniatures said...

How nice and festive they are! I believe you had a wonderful time playing!
Your bear house reminded me of our real house two years ago! We moved in in December and although the house was full of boxes and furniture was missing, the house was decorated for Christmas and we had a tree too. :)
Maia

sunshine said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kimmy-girl! Hope that you are having a lovely day.
I'm jealous! I want some turkey and stuffing!!

I just noticed your post about the scarves and left a comment.
Not sure how I missed that one....

((Hugs))
Laura

Torie Jayne said...

Adorable dollhouse!
Happy Thanksgiving! Best Wishes x

Roberta said...

I love Christmas and your house is great...
BIg hug.
Roberta

Doreen said...

I am glad you like a little play time because we are playing a game on my blog and I have passed the ball to you. I hope you have time for it. Please come to my blog and pick up the ball.

kathi said...

You've done a wonderful job! Everything looks great! I love all of your little Christmas decorations.
Perfect!

sunshine said...

*Sigh*....*pouts*....
I HATE American Thanksgiving. :(
I have no one to play with!!!!
*angry eyes*...

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!!! Sorry for the delay in thanks- been busy crafting!

Laura- I am sorry I was not around-what was I thinking??!!! Love ya girl!!

dale said...

The houses look very merry and welcoming. :)