Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Awards :)

I have been given a couple of blog awards that I need to catch up on too- how does a person get so behind so quickly ??

Thank you to Doreen from http://doreensminiatures.blogspot.com/ for the "This blog is a dream" award.
I am grateful for everyone that follows my blog and gifts me with awards- I cannot imagine my life without the blogging community now :)



The rules are:
1. Show the image of the award, and state rules.
2. Post the link of the person that gave you the prize.
3. Display 10 blogs to which you grant the award.
4. Advise the blogs listed

I think that every single blog I follow is magical and dreamy.  I wish I could pass it along to everyone- so hard to choose.

1.  Laura at http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com/  Laura was one of the first people in blogland to become my friend - she is funny and I love her video blogs-something I would never be brave enough to do :)  Love ya girl!

2.  Patricia at http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com  Patricia's blog truly is dreamy and magical to me.  She encourages me to dream and to play and I always feel happy when I visit her.

3.  Kathi at http://beautifulminiblessings.blogspot.com/  Kathi inspires me to try new things.  I cannot believe how many mini items she makes herself and she is never afraid to attempt something- she just jumps right in.  I love the beachy, fresh feel of her blog too.

4.  Minna from http://minnasdollhouses.blogspot.com/  Minna is a very patient email friend of mine(I am always behind and late) and her blog is dreamy.  I love how she kind she is by sharing her needlepoint and printies with us and tutorials.

5.  Mary from http://mizmaryminis.blogspot.com/  Mary is on a bit of a blog break right now- but I love her kindness and  her magical houses (many inspired by Harry Potter).

6.  Claudia from http://mockingbirdhillcottage.blogspot.com/  Claudia has the most beautiful blog.  I envy her--I still cannot quite figure out how to add a free background to my blog- let alone all the lovely touches Claudia has.  I have said this before, but I will repeat it again.  I like to read Claudia's blog because everything is so very pretty and  the posts always make me smile or give me inspiration.

7.  Kibbygirl at http://thefrugaldollhouseaddict.blogspot.com  I look forward to her posts about what she has found when out thrifting and how sharing and kind she is.  This is another one of my very first blogging friends and I am grateful to know her :)

8.  Cathy at http://thefabulousfarmhouse.typepad.com  I adore Cathy's mini creations and I also adore her.  I love to read about her hometown, her struggles and triumphs with her garden and what fabulous new creations are coming up in her shop.

9.  Melanye from http://lessapathymorecake.blogspot.com/  Melanye has the cutest doggy that gets blog time, she has the cutest product line ever and now she is making mini cakes- dreamy to the max!!!  When I visit Melanye I always laugh or sigh in contentment or covet what she has featured. 

10.  Amy at http://ponderandstitch.blogspot.com/  Amy has the most creative posts- she always shares what she is reading (which I love!) and her creations are also sooo beautiful.  Amy creates magic with a needle and thread and her words.

11.  Dani at http://theweirdworldofdani.web-log.nl/mijn_weblog/  Dani is my artful penpal (another thing I am behind on- sorry Dani!) and she is also an artist.  Dani's blog reminds me that I have a mixed media artist inside of me that has not been let out in a long time.  I love Dani's artwork- it transports me to a place of happiness and so does she :)

I had to add that last one--10 was too hard.  I guess I will save the other award for tomorrow- I am sure I will get distracted visiting all these blogs to say hello and inform them they have an award :)

9 comments:

thefabulousfarmhouse said...

I'll take an award any day Kim! I like what you said about everyone's blog, some made me go see for myself after I read what you wrote:) Also I understand about being blog challenged with regard to designing etc since I have a hard time even getting a post to show up on someone elses:) It takes me a long time to post so it's a time challenge too. I'm grateful to be thought of and happy you like to read what I write over there on mine. I guess I have to accept my limits of what I'm capable of doing in one day and be ok with it, right? A challenge for sure!

PonderandStitch said...

Kim! How sweet of you to think of me! :) I do so love that you visit my humble corner of blogland- it really does make me feel special. Thank you so much!

P.S. I don't know why but the link you provided to my blog doesn't work! That's weird! lol

Kim said...

Cathy- I think that is what is hard on me too- the time it takes. If only we did not have to sleep! Your blog is one of my favorites- I love reading about what you are doing with your family and home as well as what new creations you are making. I am so glad I know you!!

Amy- I think I fixed the link- I don't know how that happened! I think I had an extra character on the end of your blog url or something- so sorry! Your blog is one I check all the time too(now that I have you on my list! silly me!) and I love your posts so much- especially the fun facts from the past :)

Melanye K. said...

aww thanks!!! how sweet :D i'll definitely play but it may take me a day or two to post ;) i'm busy mini-baking baking baking over here!

Papillon Bleu said...

Oh Kim! Thank you for your kindness!
I had never won a blog award before and now I have 2 the same week! WOW!Lucky me!

You know what? if you need any advice for your blog's background I can help! it is very simple!
There is a link to find lovely backgrounds on my blog if you wish( right corner at the top).Unless there is another way of creating your own background but this I don't know how to do...

Kim said...

Melanye- you bake girl!!! I look forward to seeing what comes out of your oven.

Patricia- Your blog is so wonderful- you truly deserve another one of these! Someone has offered me some possible help with my blog, but if I still have trouble I may try your link still. I don't know why I am sooo stupid when it comes to blogger! you would think I would catch on :)

Dani said...

What a sweet words Kim !!!..you touched my heart xxx Dani...and don't worry about being behind...xx

Minna said...

Thank you so much dear Kim!

Mary said...

Thank you, thank you Kim for this award and for thinking of me! I miss all of my blog friends and working on minis sooo much. Although I can't visit your lovely blog along with my other fave blogs daily like I formerly did, I do pop in and play catch-up whenever I can :)

Lotsa hugs,

Mary