Monday, October 19, 2009

Award!

I am so behind on posting this- my apologies to Kibbygirl for my tardiness!



First, I would like to thank Kibbygirl at http://thefrugaldollhouseaddict.blogspot.com  for this award!  I have known her since I started blogging and she is the sweetest gal ever!

Here are the rules:


1. Thank the person who gave this to you.

2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.

3. Link the person who nominated you.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.

5. Nominate seven 'Kreativ Bloggers'

6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
 
Seven things you may not know about me:

1.  I was a floral designer for 20 years.  Some days I miss it, but most days I am so happy to have a different life now.

2.  My husband is 14 years older than I am.

3.  I have struggled with food my entire life.  I can do really good for awhile, but when I feel life is spinning out of my control I always seem to turn to sugar and I often eat too much of it.  It's an extremely hard cycle to break or get under control.

4.  A lot of my family has died of cancer and so when I got skin cancer a year and a half ago I freaked out.  I honestly did not know that they could completely remove it and I would be healthy and fine.  I am much more involved in my personal health now.

5 .I love, love, love to read, but I don't read often because I will ignore everything else in life until the book is finished.  My house will fall down around me if it is a series!

6.  I always have at least 15-20 projects that are started but not finished.  For some reason this is the way I seem to work best- I think I have a short attention span.  Sometimes I can finish 3 or 4 at the same time and then I tend to think I rock :)  (even though they were half finished so that's technically cheating)

7.  I am horrible at math. When I went to take the assesment test for school I was perfect in reading and english, but very below average on math.  I don't know why, but number confuse me.  This is probably why I struggle so hard with building dollhouse furniture and making things true to scale.  I hope school will change this for me.

Whew- that was a bit hard this morning!   Now I need to pass this along- which I hate.  I always think there are too many blogs that deserve this award and I feel so limited.  I have seen this award floating around, so I am going to see if  I can find some people that have not recieved it.

1.  Jessie at http://beyondbaffled.blogspot.com/      Jessie writes the cutest stories to go along with her posts about her dolls Miss Kitty, Sophie and Olive and their progress on building Miss Kitty's saloon.  Jessie makes a lot of her own minis too and is very creative :)

Ara has 2 of the cutest themed dollhouse blogs ever and she makes incredible dollhouse furniture.  Some of the minis she has created and gifted to others takes my breath away.

3.  Dale from http://dalesdreams.blogspot.com/  Dale makes incredible dollhouse miniatures and I love to visit her blog to see what she has been up to lately.

4.  Eva from http://prunellascreation.blogspot.com  Eva is an artist that works in lots of different mediums.  I am always excited to see what she has been creating and I love her stories more than I could ever say.  Creativity spills from her.

5.  Patricia from http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com  Patricia makes the most magical little dolls and fabulous mini food in all scales.  Visiting her blog is like a wonderful dream you never want to wake up from.  Somedays I wish I could just live in her dollies world.

6.  Feef from http://feefillustration.blogspot.com  Amazing talent at this blog.  Beautiful illlustrations that make my day brighter every time a new one is posted.

7.  Laura from http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com  Laura does video blogs- so creative!  I love to see her happy face telling me about what is up in her life and I treasure her for the way she always seems able to make me laugh.  Cannot have enough friends that make you happy.

I could name so many more- every blog I follow is outstanding!


6 comments:

sunshine said...

Thanks so much Sweet Thang! I will do this tomorrow!!!
You know what? I knew ALL of those things about you. :) Hard to believe you can get to know someone that well by just having a computer relationship!
This sounds like fun. I'll have to try and think of 7 things that I haven't already spilled on my blog. ;P

I just finished posting my finds from Goodwill. Tres exciting! Tee hee...

((Hugs)) Thanks again for the award!

Laura

Papillon Bleu said...

My sweet Kim! Thank you again!
I was thinking of you : "hmm...I wonder how Kim is today" and I discover this post.
Did you know that we have number 7point in common ? AND my partner is 24 years older than me!I am sure some people won't understand...but I don't care he is the love of my life!Am sure your hubby is too!
Over mega super extra big hugs to you my blog friend!
I will write something as soon as possible.

Kim said...

Laura- You don't know how much I mean it when I say I cannot imagine not knowing you. I can't wait to see what your 7 things are....I found it hard to list 7 things, but I think that is because I feel stressed out lately. I am so glad to see you smile today- I love your smile :) Hugs girl- I love ya!

Patricia- My hubby is the love of my life! The age gap is difficult to explain to others often, but worth it to me. How good to know someone else awful at math also- although I think I have to learn to improve someday :) An extra big hug to you too my friend- I often wonder how your day is going also. Be sure to read my post tomorrow- you will laugh at me so hard. I laughed at myself after it was all said and done, but I hope to never repeat the lesson I learned this last weekend.

Have a wonderful week!!! Much love to you!!

Unstoppable Spirit said...

It was very nice of you to visit and follow my blog. Thank you and I hope to see you again. Have a great week.

dales_dreams said...

Kim, thank you so much for the glowing compliment. :)

I'm afraid, I'll have to decline this award, they seem to be a daily occurence in blogland!

I do appreciate your thinking of me, that was really sweet. :)
dale

beyondbaffled said...

Thanks for the nomination. I'm behind on my reading, but I enjoy your blog so much.