Tuesday, September 8, 2009

where are the days going?

Do you ever have the feeling that you just cannot keep up? I wonder how this happens to me, since I don't have any children that I am running after. I have not hardly had time to read blogs, and I don't know if I can even catch up or I should just start over again. I have been busy-- I have been making three different packages to send out to friends, we are working on the built in closets in the bedroom (I really thought I was done with the whole "tearing out and sawdust and demo everywhere"), I have been trying to do some time on the "torture" exercise machine every day, I have been cleaning up the craft room, making spaghetti sauce with the buckets full of tomatoes we seem to be picking every couple of days. There's more going on besides that too. I keep thinking to myself that I need to slow down and take pictures and write wonderful little blog entries about each thing as I am doing it, but then I just never take the time or I don't want to slow down because I want to get things finished. I need a personal assistant!!! Okay--maybe I needed to vent and now complaining time is over. My hubby and I took an extra day off this past weekend and we went down to the twin cities to meet my new niece Gwen. She is the most beautiful baby ever. I wish I could share a picture with all of you- but she is not my baby and I didn't ask my bro if I could share her image. Take my word for it- she is perfect. After visiting with my brother for a bit we went to the Minnesota state fair. I think I probably ate back most of what I have lost- but since we only go to the fair about every 3 years or so it was really worth it. I ate french fries, cheese curds, chocolate chip cookies, pronto pup and kettle corn. A big sorry to my brother. I saw the fried bacon stand, but it just didn't appeal to me so I didn't eat any for you :( To say I spent that night at the hotel moaning and holding my tummy would be an understatement. The next day we went to visit my hubby's grown daughter and her children. The hubby has a daughter from his first marriage. Somehow, after doing all of that, driving home, doing laundry and cleaning up the mess from the first part of the closet project, my weekend was over and time for back to work. Oh...and homework! Did I mention I had homework to do this weekend too? I love homework :) Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend:)

5 comments:

sunshine said...

Wow! You did have an eventful weekend.
Congratulations on your new niece! I'm sure she's perfect.:) What a lovely name too!

I know.. the days go so fast. So much to do... I can see why people say that age just creeps up on them.

Sounds like a great time at the fair. I love, love, love kettle corn!! Mmmmm... Fried bacon! How could you pass that up woman?!

Life keeping you busy is a good thing. Keeps ya young! ;)
Yay! Homework! (I can't believe I just wrote that... ugh)

Love ya,
((Hugs))
Laura

Katie said...

Totally understand where your coming from! We all have weeks like that:) But it's good to be able to say you 'lived' your live right. Homemade Spaghetti sauce sounds delicious!! And a day at the fair, How fun!! Don't worry about starting over....just pick up from where you left off:)

:)
Katie

Doreen said...

Wow. How do you manage to accomplish everything you do?? It is no wonder you don't have time to spend on all the blogging stuff. I am amazed at what you did accomplish. And homework on top of it all. Lady - you are not super woman. Do not feel bad that you did not have time for more. And you had a wonderful day at the fair to remember and cherish.

Papillon Bleu said...

Kim, I've seen you've been very busy and on top of this you had time to visit my blog and my chanel? What a woman!!!! and homework? It seems that we have something else in common:we think days should last 48 hours! no?
Congrats for your beautiful niece!
AND it is great to read that you had good fun at the fair.
Enjoy every single thing without guilt Kim. Life's too short!

Huge hugs to you and Bernard the bear ( hope he feels ok after all the cake...).

Dani said...

Indeed time flys, before you know it the week is gone, same here, even Melanie is saying, mum it is not normal about 2 days it is weekend again...before we know it it will be christmas...the older i get the more i think...enjoy each day as much as you can !!..xx