Thursday, September 24, 2009

dollhouse tea cozy


I can post a picture now that my gift has arrived with the recipient. This is the first dollhouse tea cozy that I have made. It is a little out of scale because I used 22 count fabric, but I am proud of it anyways- I even got out the graph paper and made the pattern. Since it was a bit out of scale I made a little clay teapot to go with it-also a first. I'm not too worried about the scale here because it went to my wonderful friend Patricia from http://papillonbleuuk.blogspot.com/ and she makes amazing dolls and pastries in all scales. I knew she wouldn't mind if the scale was a bit off :) I am getting more and more practice and I even bought a piece of 28 count fabric to try a project on as soon as I finish the rug I am working on- so I am getting closer to the right scale! I can't wait to try another one!

11 comments:

Deni said...

Goodness they are little stitches, not sure if I could see to do that!
that is so cute & the teapot is so sweet!

rosanna said...

Kim it's very very pretty. Don't you think you are too hard on yourself? I love it Rosanna

Dani said...

That is wonderful...it is so special if you can make things that tiny !!...you must be proud of yourself !! xx Dani

Kim said...

Thank you everyone! I am so proud of it!

Rosanna- You are probably right- I need to remember not to be so critical of myself- very good advice! I get so frustrated that I can not be "perfect" right away- when I really should just be concentrating on the fun of it. I still aspire to stitch as tiny as you do though! You are an inspiration to me!

Claudia said...

Kim, it is beautiful! You should be proud of yourself. The work is lovely.

sunshine said...

Great job Kimmy!
I love both of them. Soooo sweet. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

sunshine said...

I felt like giving you a hug and saying "thanks for being my friend."... So I came back..lol

((Hugs))) Have a great weekend!
Laura

kibbygirl said...

ooohhhh the tea cosy turned out great!!

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

Oh Kim! this is so nice! You can really do so many things!
Thanks a lot for all your support during my absence! I thought a lot about you and knowing you are my friend helps me out of blues!
xxx

Papillon Bleu said...

Well Kim, as we say in France:Olala!!!I love this tea cosy( I will never be able to make one believe me) and I am so proud of the tea pot you made!I've put those mini marvels on my tea tray this evening for fun and have taken a picture for you.What a suprise to discover you had posted a picture too!lol!

Big big hugs!!!

Melanye K. said...

WOW!!! that's some serious talent Kim!!!