Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Snap Out of It!!

I don't have any pretty pictures today. I don't even have a nice sweet blog entry. Today I just kind of feel like rambling, which I don't usually do here, but today I am. This is sort of a post for myself to keep myself accountable so please feel free to not bother to read further. I used to go to weight watchers. I love weight watchers. I love that they teach you to eat correctly. You can eat things you love, you just learn moderation and sensibility. Unfortunately, when I get stressed out and just plain have too much to do I do not eat sensibly. Food has always been a comfort and a coping mechanism for me. I quit going to weight watchers meetings in February when money was a little tight for us. I was fine for awhile, but then my schedule kept getting busier and busier and my eating kept getting worse and worse. I used to weigh 185 pounds. I was down to 145 pounds, but people kept saying I looked sick so I went up to 150. I felt great at 150. I exercised three or more times a week and I had a lot of energy. Right now I am up to 161.2 . I have not been exercising- the doctor has told me I have arthritis in my right hip and I feel tired and awful. Today I have decided that there is nothing as important as taking care of myself and I am going back to my weight watchers way of life. The reason I am blogging about this is because if I write this here- if I post my weight here and then again next week it is almost as good as going to weight watchers meetings. There is at least one person somewhere out there reading this and so there is at least one person out there that will know if I don't try. The doctor told me that if I get regular exercise my hip will not hurt me as much- and truthfully if I get heavier I am just not going to be a happy person. I will beat myself up inside for letting my hard work go for nothing and so I hope to head this off and get back down to 150- where I had energy- my clothes fit with out making me uncomfortable and I had waaay less stomachaches. Anyhow- thanks to whomever kept reading this all the way through. Next week I am going to post my weight again and see if I manage to lose a pound or two by returning to weight watchers way of eating. Tonight I will take some pictures of what I have been up to so we can be back to fun posts tomorrow :)

15 comments:

PonderandStitch said...

I think it is so great that you posted it. Yes, I did read the whole thing and I think it's wonderful you are keeping yourself accountable in this way. Bravo!!

Debi Minter from WY said...

Hey Sweetheart!
Your honesty is beyond doubt SO REFRESHING! How about this. I will do the same thing on my blog. I need to also lose weight because of Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, and High Cholesterol. I have more than you do to lose. Maybe we can keep each other accountable.
HuGGs!
Debi

Tiffany said...

I'm with you, Kim! I need to lose 20 pounds. I"m 4'11" so every pound shows on me and I've been letting it slip. It's Summer and ice cream and other treats keep calling my name, not to mention those evil Snickers bars.

I read the whole entry too. Hang in there. I feel awful today too. Hormones are a lousy thing sometimes. :) I am just glad to see you back. I was just wondering where you were and what you were up to when I saw your entry. Big hugs from SoCal!

-Tiffany

sunshine said...

Hey Kimmy girl. You know I'm where you are too. LOL
I've been walking 3 times a week for an hour with a friend all summer but I think I've gained weight!
I really need to get myself together too.. eating wise.
I had good success with the weight watchers style of eating too. I never joined (I get touchy about being told what to do..usually will do the opposite..haha).
I am so tired of having nothing to wear!!!!!
Just so you know.. I'm with ya girl! I don't even know what I weigh right now but I know it's not good. :(
Hang in there woman!
(((BIGHUGS)))
Laura

rosanna said...

Hi Kim, hold fast. It may be tough at the beginning but you'll feel much better later on. i'm more keen to exercise than to dieting, it' shealthier and helps to feel stronger. Best wishes. i'll keep in touch

Liberty Biberty said...

Hi Kim,
Good luck! Nothing wrong with rambling! Exercise definitely helps with sore joints (I have the worlds worst knees).
All the best!
Mercedes

Deni said...

I know exactly what you mean!
Im a little extended on the boundaries...mmm bit of an understatement that lol

I could loose some too
Gosh it is hard to loose! easy to pop it on!
Mmm must stop eating those choccies!

Mellz said...

I am with you Kim! I have gained a lot of weight from the stress of my day job and relationship...I'm trying to get better too. You've inspired me to post about this in my blog too once I'm ready. There is something to be said about putting it out there like this...it keeps you accountable for sure.

Good luck to you!

Jill said...

Yes, I read the whole thing. I totally understand the whole stress eating thing. I tend to "medicate" with food. It's not a good thing. I wish I was in love with exercise. Sounds like Rosanna has the right idea. Exercise is good for arthritis. If you don't move your joints, they get worse. (I tell my patients that all the time) Okay, enough preaching. Take care, tomorrow will be better!

Dani said...

I know what you feel, am also 10 kilos too heavy and i feel worse about it , i think it's great that you have post this, just write what comes from your heart...it's your blog and you can write what you want !!...Big hug & xx Dani

Kim said...

Thank you to everyone for actually reading that whole post! I felt I needed to put it out into the world for someone to see- and the added benefit is that I have so much support from all of you! I am only 40 years old and do not wish to hurt and feel tired this early in life! Good luck to whomever decides to try to get a little healthier along with me--I'll be posting my progress so that I stay accountable :)

I really can't say thank you enough- every comment means so much to me- you guys are the greatest!

kibbygirl said...

Hi Kim, Mostly I love being a girl but sometimes it is just not fun! We get the hormones, the weight issues, the post-baby bodies ( which is my personal issue at the moment) do we work or be a mom, or do we attempt to do both, and so on and so on. I think as women we need to be honest with each other about our struggles. We can't do everything alone, no one can. I am behind you all the way!

Hel said...

Hi Kim, Only just read this because you prompted me to on the post above, I am naughty and sometimes skip posts (on all blogs) without pics. ;0( Woops!

Hope you can do well in your weight loss. I'm sure posting it on here will help, I'll support you!

Every woman out there has weight issues I'm sure, me included. But even if you want to loose a little weight remember to love yourself!

;0)

x hel x

The Carolina Quilter said...

Like Hel, I missed this post but did read the whole thing and can commisserate with the weight and the money being tight as well. I love to eat and hate to exercise and over our 24 years of marriage I have gained an average of two pounds per year from 120 and 5'7" on my wedding day to . . . well, we won't say now. I'm not what someone glancing my way would call 'fat' but I could lose a good 25 to 30 pounds. My hips can go out of joint so at 47 I now have hip pain that radiates down my thighs and I think it is arthritis starting. So, you are not alone. Good luck with your progress. The girls and I have walked two nights this week but yesterday did marathon cleaning so we didn't walk. I've got to get more on a routine.

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Tallulah~Belle said...

Good luck Kim (((((())))))

Posting it here was a very brave step but shows that you are in the right frame of mind about it.

Before I moved to the US I was a head hunter and earned a very decent wage. I often worked about 60 hours a week and rarely sat down at a desk.

Since moving here I sit on my backside all day and have no earnings of my own to speak off.

I am not complaining...I wanted to be with Mick and this was the price I chose to pay.

I actually eat far less now than I did before...I used to eat loads of junk food as I was always on the go. Here, even with the measly amount I eat I gain weight.

Over 5 years I have put on almost 30lbs :-(

Can't be food...has to be a lack of movement.

Maybe we need to have a blogger diet and exercise program...seems like lots of us are int he same boat !