Friday, August 28, 2009

school

Whew! I got through my first night of school yesterday. The awesome part was that as I was walking up to the classroom a lady that looked about my age, maybe a bit older, was walking up too. I asked her if she was taking the same class and she was- so I instantly made a friend and ally since she was as nervous as I was! The class passed by so quickly and I didn't really want to leave- we didn't even really get a chance to get very far- and no homework! I know it's silly to say- but I was really looking forward to homework! Anyhow, the worst part is through now so I probably won't bore everyone with school talk now--although I have to say that if I won the lottery I would probably go to school full time instead of working. I love learning! My instructor is so laid back too- which makes it even more enjoyable. Basically his rules are show up to class, be respectful at class and turn in your assignments. I can handle that! Today I am walking on air and I am just so blessed happy. Hope your day is happy too!!

14 comments:

sunshine said...

Awwww Kimmy! :)
I'm so happy that everything went so well! I'll never be bored with your school talk. I want to know everything! I'm glad that you made a friend there too. That makes things much easier.
Yay!!
((Hugs))
Laura

Karin F. said...

I went back to school (college) at 38. I had a ball....you will too.
So party on, girl!

Katie said...

Glad everything went OK, and that you like it! That's half the battle! Good luck to the rest of the semester!!!! BTW....whatcja taking??? Anything exciting??

Kim said...

Thanks Ladies!!!

I knew I shouldn't be so nervous, but I really can't help it, I think it's just part of who I am. Good to have that first day over now though so I can just have fun from here on out. Katie- I am taking a computer fundamentals class right now, which is a combo of some things I already know and some things I don't- which will help me greatly at work. I may go for a business management degree- but I am starting out slow and seeing where I go :) When I was watching the class next to me fixing the computer hardware that sure looked interesting too!

Papillon Bleu said...

I went back to Uni when I was 33 and it is one of the best things I've done! So, congratulations!
You made a friend! cool! did you tell her about your blog life?

Tallulah~Belle said...

Well done you...the hardest part is over. Great you've found a friend there as well.

I'd love to go back to school but it is so darn expensive over here :-(

Kim said...

Patricia- I did not tell her about my blog- she knows even less about computers than me and I didn't want to scare her on our first night. She asked me what a flash drive was(we had to have one for class)

Jayne- it is expensive! I am thinking of it as a way to have some extra security if I needed to find a new job. I don't have any qualifications to have the job I have now so if I lost it for some reason I am not sure I could find another one and I really don't want to go back to standing for 8-10 hours a day anymore- I did too many years of that! Your doll looks fab by the way!!!

MiniKat said...

I knew you'd be ok! Glad you had a great first day/night in class. :-)

Liberty Biberty said...

Glad it went well! I'm always a bundle of nerves before getting into new situations.
You go girl!
Mercedes

Mary said...

Whooooo-hooooo, go Kim!

Doreen said...

I too enjoyed school as an adult. I guess you appreciate it more then as I know I hated it as a child. It is also different because it is your choice to go as an adult and as a child you have not choice. I am so glad you had a great day and made a new friend on top of it all. See - the nerves were all for naught. Have fun.

kibbygirl said...

Way to go! I bet it feels good to get started. Enjoy it for all of us. Hugs :)

Dani said...

Kim.....Thank you thank you thank you !!!...take a look at my weblog ;) ...big hug Dani xx

The Carolina Quilter said...

So glad you're liking your class. I couldn't imagine going back to school now at 46. And you are a lovely lady despite your little nervous breakout! Good luck with your class.

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/