Monday, August 17, 2009

Plodding along



This past weekend was my friend's daughter's wedding. Hopefully that is the last of my running around being a social butterfly for awhile. I will be the first to admit I am a bit of a homebody and a full summer of social engagements has worn me down a bit. Sunday I did nothing but work on Bernard's dollhouse. You might say I was on strike. Of course, this morning I freaked out about it and was in a frenzy to do the dishes and a load of laundry before I left for work, but sunday was worth it. I even took a nap! Yesterday I bit the bullet and glued the frame for Bernard the bears house together. I don't know why the gluing scares me so much, but it does. After patiently waiting for it to dry I tore off all the tape and put 2 coats of the house color on. It looks fab in person- in the picture you can't tell a real difference between the paint and the color of the mdf. I love the brown with the red and white trim though- and so does Bernard. Of course, I had to pop on the windows, tape on the shutters and prop up the porch railings to get an idea of how it would all look. I swear I have never grown up- at least I don't still flip to the last page of books to know the story ending! I also painted a couple of boards for gifts for friends. I only have one to share here, as the other one is going to someone that reads my blog and I won't be able to post until after she receives it. It was a great day- escaping from obligations and taking time to re-charge. On a personal note- I have been having good days and bad days with my diet and exercise. I walked quite a few days, but then the wedding pushed exercise away and you don't even want to know all that I ate. It was great fun, however and this week I am back at it. Slow is better and of course I know there will be days I fall off the plan so I am okay with it all. I am thinking if I stay brave I am going to post a "before" picture here so that I continue to stick with this plan. Off to do some work now!! Have a great day all!!

3 comments:

Papillon Bleu said...

You did a fabulous job Kim!Bernard is a lucky bear.
I don't think I have grown up either...Peter Pan syndrom maybe.He!he!

I would like to thank you for the advice with the wooden floor.

It is so nice to be able to share so much via our blogs.

Take care Kim!

The Carolina Quilter said...

The house is looking good. I worked on stuff in my basement all day but got nothing done on Joanna's house today--will get back to it soon. Schol starts tomorrow. My girls and I are going to walk this evening--like you, I have to push myself and make myself do it! I've got a wedding to direct next week. I hate it. DH and oldest DD love it so I mainly do it for them.

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Patricia- You are very welcome! I learn so much from other bloggers- what magic the internet can be- just think- we would never have met! You take care also- I look forward to seeing progress on your display.

Jody- Thank you! What do you do when you direct a wedding? It sounds very interesting. I think I miss weddings the most about not being a floral designer anymore. Brides can be a bit tough to deal with at times though :) Good luck on surviving this first week of school and I really think you should do that Etsy store!! Hooray for going for a walk too!!