Monday, August 3, 2009

A Little Work On the Dollhouse




I did a bit of work on the dollhouse yesterday while I should have been cleaning. I did clean the real house a bit, but cleaning is just do darn boring! I saw a tutorial over at New England Miniatures Blog ( http://newenglandminiatures.blogspot.com/2009/07/non-working-miniature-venetian-blind.html ) for some non-working venetian blinds and I thought I would give it a try for the windows in the living room of my dollhouse. My dollhouse is front opening-so all the windows in this part of the dollhouse are in the doors. I think they turned out kind of cool- I must have opened the dollhouse up to look at them about 50 times after I finished them. My hubby thought it was quite hilarious. I am so in love with my dollhouse- just like a little kid. I also made a paper towel holder for the kitchen- should have taken a picture of it before I attached it to the wall. I have some renovations planned for the kitchen- I don't like how my wallpaper turned out and the whole room needs trim. That will be a winter project. I have a lot of winter projects piled up now!

12 comments:

PonderandStitch said...

I would be in love with this dollhouse, too!! The blinds are so cute..

You are doing such a fabulous job!

Mary said...

Great work on the blinds, Kim! I love the rich, dark color.

rosanna said...

How well I understand you! when I do something which I like I cannot stop looking at it, as if I wanted to ensure myself that it's still there.May be we are all small grown ups kids. Hugs

Claudia said...

Fantastic job on those blinds and the paper towel holder!

The Carolina Quilter said...

Love your blinds and your pink floral wallpaper!

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

kathi said...

Your blinds turned out really nice! You did a great job!

I know what your mean about having to go back and look at things over and over. Sometimes I can't believe I did that! :)

Liberty Biberty said...

Hi Kim, every day I think I'll do the housework and THEN do some mini making but it always turns out the other way around, lol! Cute little blind! I spend far too much time staring at my dollhouse, usually when I should be sleeping!
Mercedes

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

lovely!!

Kim said...

Thank you everyone!!! I think I might actually be improving on mini making! Nice thing is, it is so fun to practice! Whew, I am really glad that other people go back and look at their work over and over again too!

Debbie said...

Kim the little blinds are great. I think we are all Kids at heart..x

sunshine said...

Can I move into your dollhouse?
I love it. The blinds are awesome!!
((Hugs))
Laura

grazhina said...

The blinds came out just dandy, I knew they would.