Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dollhouse Rug


I have been doing pretty well with my exercise this last week. I have been doing just ok with the eating. My hubby is a snacker, so it is hard for me when he is constantly snacking. I am trying to make my snacks fruit or veggies- but I do tend to slip in something better now and then- like a chocolate chip cookie. Can't totally deprive yourself, ya know? Anyhow, for some reason I thought I needed to start another project. I was so pleased with how my pillows turned out for the dollhouse that I decided to make a rug for the living room in the dollhouse. Here is a picture of my progress so far. I can already tell I might be doing something wrong and I will have to go to Casey and Tiffany's blog to find out how to block it back into shape. I know one thing I do wrong is I don't relax my stitches enough. It is so hard for me because as a florist when making corsages I was always taught to keep the wires and tape very tight and so that is what my fingers naturally want to do- pull tight! I am getting better though- especially because I find stitching so relaxing. I often pull out a embroidery project whenever I feel I need a rest. One week until I start my class. I have all my books, my expensive flash drive ( I had to buy a 8 gb flash drive- $20.00!!) and a cute little bag to put my books in so I can throw it over my shoulder. I am set!!!!

10 comments:

Doreen said...

I just bought a 8 gb flash drive for my computer today and it cost me $35.00 So $20 is a good price.

kibbygirl said...

That looks like a really cool pattern for a rug. I'm sure it will turn out great.

Tiffany said...

Looking good, Kim! The pattern is really pretty. Sometimes they just warp and you have to block them no matter what you do. I think you are on the right track to relax your stitches a bit. But I think you are doing very well. Good job!

sunshine said...

I am so jealous! I really wish I was more creative. I get angry though. I'm too impatient and if I do something wrong I get all pissed off and throw it aside.
I'm bad. :)
Looks like the rug is going to be lovely!

I've done pretty good with the exercise too this summer. But I have the same problem .. EATING! I actually think I've gained weight. I'm too scared to look though. It sounds like you're doing fine. A cookie now and then never hurts. It's when you eat the whole bag...... Mmmmm hmmmm.... ME!
Keep up the great work!
Love you!
Laura

Mellz said...

congrats on your exercise and eating. You can't deprive yourself so go ahead and have a cookie or two. i find i tend to do better when i just moderate not omit :)

I can't wait to see how your rug will turn out!

Deni said...

I understand about a hubby being a snacker!
He eats all day! I just smell the food and I put on a kilo & he is thin and I am way over the boundaries! lol

The little rug is gorgeous!
would take too long for me I'm a bit like Sunshine I get mad & throw it!those jugs I nearly did that too but I soldiered on

As for eating! "Fit for Life" is a great book I followed that a few times and it takes 3 weeks for me to change my habits of bad eating
Im trying hard though!
You must eat at least 1500 calories a day and no more fat that 20grams mm not sure what that is in your weights
Your doing great! everyday is a little closer to becoming the new you

The Carolina Quilter said...

This is going to be so pretty. I have tried tiny needlepoint but my eyesight is not too great anymore so am trying punch needle instead.

Jody
http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Doreen- I didn't know I got a bargain! I feel a bit better about the price now!!

Thank you all for the compliments- I really like to do embroidery- just need more practice :)

Tiffany- I'll be visiting you when I am done and need to block- I'm trying not to think about it yet---it's really easy, right??

Laura-You are lucky you don't live near me- I would drag you up to the craft room and you would be hooked on something. Crafts are fun- you just have to be a little less serious about it and go with the flow :)

Thank you for the support ladies on the "food" side of things. I am going to see if I can find a copy of Fit For Life- thank you Deni! On a good note- I am feeling a bit more energetic already after only a week!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Deni said...

There you go you already feel good!
thats the very first step to knowing your on the right track!
Im also now on low GL diet ( I hope that is right GL!)
Now having my liver cleansed, sound awful, well it is!!the medicine is quite yukky
Im feeling better already though!

Tiffany said...

Yes, easy. Blocking is much easier than the actual stitching. Relax qand enjoy the process. :)