Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bernards house and ANOTHER project



This last weekend I was brave and glued more of Bernard's house together. I need to tackle the shingles next...not my favorite part. I also have to touch up the paint on the trim on the outside of the house and I think that the porch is kind of begging for a birdhouse, so that is on my to-do list. I am also posting a picture of a new project. I have always wanted a grandfather clock. I am probably never ever going to be able to afford a grandfather clock- so I have decided to make my own. This is an old clock my Mom found at a garage sale. I am going to transform it into a grandfather clock. This is on the top of my to-do list for the winter months- it will be slow moving, but I will be showing my progress as I go along. I hated the roman numeral face plate that was original to the clock, so I painted over the face with my own design. Oak leaves- big surprise, right? The clock will eventually be all burgundy with the cream face and burgundy oak leaves. My next step involves having my hubby help me cut some wood--so it may be awhile before I post more pictures of this project. That's ok- I have enough other projects going on to keep me busy :)

7 comments:

MiniKat said...

Bernard looks happy to be resting on the porch. You two have been doing a lot of work on his house. :-)

Liberty Biberty said...

The house is looking fabulous!
Good luck with the clock!
Mercedes

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

The Clock will be fabulous Kim! It's really great already!!!!
this is something i really cannot do: long term projects! When I begin something I have to have all done in a couple of days...so I work like a crazy until I am exhausted :)
I love your house too!
Take care dear friend
xxx

kathi said...

LOVE the little paw prints on the shutters! So cute!

sunshine said...

Ooooo! I can't wait to see the progress on the clock. I always wanted a Grandfather Clock as well... and a cukoo clock. I got the latter.

Bernard's house is really coming along. I don't think that shingling would be something I would enjoy either! Yuck. Anything too tedious is not my bag baby.

Hope that you are having a lovely day. It's clouding over here. Of course it's because I hung all my sheets and comforters out on the line! ;)

((Hugs))
Laura

Kim said...

Thank you for the encouragement and praise everyone!

Eva- I think I actually do things better if I have lots of projects going at once. I don't have a very long attention span- when I no longer feel excited to be working on something I tend to switch to something else and go back to the other project when the excitement for it returns. Thankfully, I don't sell my items so I am able to work that way- it would not work well if I was making inventory! A big hug to you Eva- I am thinking about you busy preparing for market and every day I say a small prayer it goes very, very well for you!!!

Laura- I'm hoping for no rain until those linens are dry! You have a great day too chickie- hugs back to you!!! Thank you for always checking on me- you are an amazing friend :)

Deni said...

Thats a lovely house Kim
I really like your colours!