Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Welcome and Mail Arrival!!!



I have three new followers to welcome today- but first I must post about mail I received last weekend! I signed up for an artful penpals exchange. We were given a penpal to help revive the art of letter writing and using the good old postal system for correspondence. My penpal is Dani from The Netherlands and she is a sweetheart. On saturday I received the most wonderful letter and package of treats from her! In the picture you can see that not only did Dani send me a long letter, with beautiful art stickers and a hand drawn decorated envelope but she also sent me the sweetest fabric and a bag of charms. I need to think long and hard about what I would like to make with the fabric- it is so adorable that it needs a special project. Anyone have any cool ideas? I love it all sooo much- thank you so much Dani! I will write soon! I am glad you are my penpal partner!!

I need to welcome some new followers too. I will start with my penpal Dani. Her blog is http://theweirdworldofdani.web-log.nl/mijn_weblog/
Dani is currently taking a class from Suzi Blu ( http://suziblu.ning.com/ ) and is posting her progress as she goes along. Please visit my friend Dani and say hello! Thank you for following my blog Dani :)

Next I would like to welcome Tink-Sonia from http://minitink.blogspot.com/
Tink is another very talented miniaturist- she makes a lot of her minis herself and recently has a lot of gorgeous pictures of her dollhouse. I have not finished going back in entries to look at all of her projects- but her blog is great and if you have not visited her I would take a look. I am going back to look more as soon as I catch up with everything! Thank you for visiting Tink- I am glad to meet you!

I would also like to welcome Claudia from http://mockingbirdhillcottage.blogspot.com/
I adore Claudia's blog. I don't often comment on her blog- but I read all of her posts. Claudia has a wonderful sense of style- the sweetest dogs ever and a beautiful garden. I can never resist a blog that shares garden pictures. Claudia's blog is truly beautiful and if you are ever having a bad day you can visit her and feel picked right up just from the pictures. Thank you for visiting me Claudia!!

8 comments:

Mellz (less apathy.more cake) said...

ooooh I love the fabric!!!

Claudia said...

That is such a nice thing to say about my blog! Thank you! That is exactly my intention and I'm glad its working! Have a great day!

Dani said...

Hi Kim, so funny to see my letter at your place...nice to see !! :)...only the envelop has going messy i see...oeps...am glad you like the fabric !!..am also very happy with you as my penpal !!..did you also got my postcard ?..had send that before my letter...maybe it didn't arrived ?....and thanks for your comment on my blog :)...am a shy creater...must dare more...till soon xx Dani

PonderandStitch said...

Oh, I love Dani!! You have a very wondererful pen pal. :)

Papillon Bleu said...

Thank so much for your lovely comments on my blog Kim! If you wish, I can make some tiny stawberry cakes for your house.
Like the one you like best but a better version. Send me your address please!

Kim said...

Dani- I did get the postcard too- I forgot to post! Summer is crazy for me this year! Thank you so much again- you are a sweetheart!

Thank you for visiting me Ponder and Stitch- what is your first name?

Papillon Bleu- I'm emailing you--- you are a sweetie! My email is flowerarts@gmail.com- I will put from Kim in the subject line :)

Liberty Biberty said...

That fabric is too cute!
Mercedes

beyondbaffled said...

I may have missed the post, but where did you sign up for the penpal exchange?