Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome and an Award!!


I have a new follower to welcome today. Mellz is from http://lessapathymorecake.blogspot.com/

I found her blog from hopping around from blog to blog. I added myself as a follower right away- I love the cute digital art she creates and she has the cutest little pug helping her blog. Looks like she is creating miniature food and she has an etsy shop where she sells handmade cards of her artwork.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6931046
Thank you for following me also Mellz! I adore your blog!

Next, I have an award from Casey at http://caseymini.blogspot.com/ and Doreen at http://doreensminiatures.blogspot.com

For the Love of Reading

The rules are, I have to pick up a book that I have at hand, turn to page 161 and write the fifth sentence on that page here. Then I have to pass it on to five other blogs.

I love to read, but I don't read often in the summer because when I start a book I often cannot put it down until it is finished. I avoid all housework, garden work, going to bed, etc. I become obsessed with the story and NEED to finish it. I have always been this way. In the winter I have more time for silliness like this, but in the summer time is too precious. Therefore, my book is going to seem strange. The book I am "reading" right now is an old mathematics book my Mom gave to me to try to brush up on some of my math skills because this is the one area that I am very scared about when it comes to going back to school. I did very poorly on the math portion of the college assesment test. So, my page 161 fifth sentance reads:

"A graph like the one in this example shows the altitude of the sun at each of certain hours of the day, on a certain date, for the use of a pilot."

It then goes on to ask questions about the graph and what the altitude of the sun is at certain hours of the day. Math sometimes confuses me. I will conquer math.

Maybe I should re-do this award in the winter when it would be more interesting :)

I have seen a lot of people have already recieved this award, so I pass it on to whomever would like to play- especially because I am VERY behind on catching up with blogs.

Happy Monday!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I didn't do well in Math either, and that's what's holding me back now, LOL! So Kuddos to you for trying!!!

sunshine said...

I love, love, love to read! It's hard with the kids around to lose myself in a book now. Occasionally it happens (ahem Twilight series!!!) LoL
((Hugs))
Laura

Dani said...

Hi Kim,

Keep an eye on your mailbox ;)

xx Daan

Kim said...

Dani- Hooray! I just got your postcard the other day and I have not taken the time to let you know. I love mail- I am excited!

Katie- at least I am not alone in my math hatred! I think Math will be almost the most difficult part of my school journey. The most horrifying to me is if I take a class where I have to make a presentation. I do not do well in front of groups of people- I shake uncontrollably!

Laura- I am a secret Twilight follower too! I made my hubby sit through the dvd- he made wise cracks the whole time! Men!