Friday, July 10, 2009

Tea shop canisters and hay bales :)





I have been working on some canisters from Casey's tutorial she posted on June 6th:

http://caseymini.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-have-pocket.html

After working off and on in small little pockets of time I finally have 6 finished. I see now that I didn't do part of them right- and some of them mysteriously became taller than others. I chalk this up to part of learning and improving :) I made mine into tea canisters that are for sale in the tea shoppe roombox. I'm not totally happy with them- but they were really fun to make. I might someday decide to re-do them but they look ok to me for now. I'm getting very close to finishing my chairs for the tea room and then I get to try my hand at making some desserts for sale in the roombox!

The hay bales are the view out past my kitchen window. I love when the farmer that owns that land cuts and rolls the hay. It is one of my favorite sights in the world. I am always a little sad to see them get put away in the barn.

I also included just one picture of my garden because I just could not resist. I love this lily- it is yellow in the center with orange edges and it is so striking in person. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. I am going to try to make a real life chocolate lined strawberry pie if I can manage to get to the grocery store. I got the recipe off the internet and it looks pretty yummy :)

11 comments:

Doreen said...

I love that lily too. Your garden looks great. Mine is starting to open up and we have sun again today so maybe I'll have more flowers soon. I just love the daisies - so pretty to look at (but so terrible to smell).

sunshine said...

Ooooo!!! That lily is really sweet! Love those colours!
The tea room shelves are really shaping up well! It's lookin good.

I miss living out in the country. I liked to see the hay too. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

MiniKat said...

The canister looks great in the shop. :-)

Debi Minter from WY said...

i love the sight of hay bales too. I'm not sure why. It might date back to my childhood when I visited the Family Ranch in Montana. There were miles and miles of this sight on the drive to the ranch. The flowers in your garden are really lovely!
HuGGs!
Debi

Mary said...

Kim, I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Please come pick it up anytime.

Mini hugs,
Mary

Doreen said...

Kim, I have an award for you over on my blog if you would like to pick it up.

Debbie said...

Lilies are my favourite flowers.
Your little canisters turned out lovely.
We are still waiting to cut our Hay, but we have the little oblong bales, so that we can stack them in the barn. Which is my job, I can tell you by the time we are finished I ache all over..
Mini Hugs xx

Eva Prunella Grandiflora said...

Dear Kim,

Your flowers are gorgeous and so are your mini canisters...

I have an award waiting for you at my blog...

xxx

Caseymini said...

Kim,you have one over at my blog. Please stop by and collect it.

Kim said...

Doreen- I agree with you on the smell! Daisies are one of my faves though- so cheerful! I am glad you are getting spots of sun-I hope it keeps up!!!

Laura- Still working on those dolls. It might take a year of practice tries! Happy be-lated Anniversary sweetie!!

Kat- Thank you! I am hoping I am getting better as I go along and learning from some of these mistakes :) Practice, practice, practice makes perfect :)

Debi- So glad to see you on the internet again! Are you surviving your move? My art piece for you is half finished on my desk. I am waiting for my muse to come back- where did she go??? It had such a great start!

Debbie- I know your life is very, very hard work but I envy it. Those are my neighbors hay bales- he is hardworking also. I had one goat for awhile, but ended up giving him to someone that had more time to love him and take care of him as he deserved. I hope to get another goat after I stop working full time. If I were rich and did not work I would be surrounded by animals- I love them all!

Eva- Thank you my dear friend!! I am pleased you stopped by!

Tallulah~Belle said...

What a wonderful view.

Your tea shoppe is looking really good as well.