Friday, July 17, 2009

Suprise Mail and Angels!



I wanted to say a big huge thank you to Doreen at http://doreensminiatures.blogspot.com/

Doreen sent me the sweetest set of books and a snack for the dollhouse. I wish I could have managed a better picture- we have been gloomy and dark here and my camera is not the best on minis. There is a book on the birds of Ontario that has actual pages from the book. If you get a magnifying glass you can actually read about a canadian goose! My hubby wanted to see and I only let him hold it for a second before I snatched it back! There is also a Rip Van Winkle book and a bag of chips for Hans to snack on in his library. My hubby really wanted the bag of chips since chili cheese fritos are his fave- had to snatch that back too! Doreen also included the sweetest note of friendship and I feel the same way. Blogging has introduced me to some of the most wonderful people and allowed me to become so excited about dollhouses and other crafts because I now have people to share them with. It is always fun to share the things that make you smile.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie on Wednesday night and it was wonderful. That is all I will say so I do not spoil anyone's movie :)

I have not been feeling well. The doctor told me I am now at the age where I need to take vitamins. Vitamins make me throw up- so I am now trying to remember to take 2 Flintstone childrens vitamins after I eat breakfast each day. They seem to stay in my stomach. I think my energy is starting to get better, but I still feel tired. Last night I decided to work on one of my unfinished projects. It is still unfinished- this is how most of my projects go. Eventually they get finished :) Anyhow, this is a sculpture I have been working on here and there. I was married in the fall and her skirt has a lot of little things that were in my bridal bouquet. I worked for a florist, so my bridal bouquet was unusual. It had jewels tucked in, small bugs, little discs covered with leaves and acorns, acorns on wires draping. It was a beautiful piece of art. Last night I re-attatched her wings and added some beads to them. She's not finished, but one step closer. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I am hoping I have some time to myself as I have 3 unfinished projects that are for events that need to get done! No more procrastinating on those!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Hi! just wanted to tell you that you could always try Carnation Instant Breakfasts in the morning, too. They're the best tasting of bunch!! I have a hard time digesting stiff, and just wanted to share that with you:)

Hope you have a productive weekend, too:)

Kim said...

Katie- Is that the same as taking vitamins? I never even thought of that! I appreciate your tip- I am going to look for it at the store next time I go because medicine is awful on my stomach and the older I get the more things seem to irritate my tummy. If you have an easier time with Carnation then I would think I would too. You have made my day- I hate those vitamin pills (but I hate being tired)

Thank you!!!!!!

kibbygirl said...

Hi Kim, I love your angel. Making somthing for your home that is so personal as well as being a reminder of your wedding is very cool. I wish I could see your bird book too. Talk about intricate detail. As a side note, I have used the carnation instant breakfasts too and they are yummy. I dont always have much of an appetite so they work.

Dani said...

Hi Kim, hope you feel better !!...your angel is wonderful...and i think the internet can be a nice medium , if you aloud you meet all kind of nice people..:)....have a great weekend xx Dani

sunshine said...

Hey Chickie!
Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling so well. Hope that you get your energy back soon! I should be taking my vitamins too... I keep forgetting. I'm so lazy. ;)

Glad that you liked the movie! I'm really looking forward to seeing it on Tuesday.
Bruno was "okay". Really crude and shocking. Borat times 1000. LOL People were walking out some of it was so bad. We stayed, we laughed. I don't regret seeing it but it's not for the faint of heart. :)

Those are beautiful gifts that you you received. Lucky you!!
((Hugs))
Laura

sunshine said...

Hey Chickie!!
Thanks for following my new Blog.. I'm so nervous about my first review!

((Hugs))
Laura

sunshine said...

Just popping in to say hi Sweet Pea! Hope that you are feeling better! Are you taking your Flintstones? LOL
((Hugs))
Laura