Thursday, July 23, 2009

One step forward.....








I'm still around :) This summer is flying past me in a blur! I imagine everyone probably feels that way. I have been working on minis- but I don't really have much worth showing so far. I have also been working on my garden- but right now it's just a constant maintenance thing. We have been having some very cool weather. Nice for me- since I don't like it when it gets really hot- but it would be nice if the weather would get warmer again so that I can have tomatoes and corn. There are lots of beautiful green tomatoes on my hubby's plants that need a bit more sun :) I am hoping to make some homemade spaghetti sauce this fall from the tomatoes to freeze for the winter months. If anyone has a great recipe for homemade tomatoe sauce I would love to have suggestions- this will be the first time I attempt making it completely from scratch! Anyhow....I have some pictures of my garden to post. Most are of what is blooming right now- the pink and white lillies are called "lollipop" and are some of my favorites. The picture of the "dirt" is what I have been working on most lately. This is beside my hubby's vegetable garden. It was/ kind of still is/ a patch of weeds. I have been pulling weeds and mixing compost and black dirt into the sandy soil. This will become a new garden with strawberries, raspberries and asparagras for perennials and then we will also be growing cucumbers and probably more corn in this space also. I want to get it all ready this year because we have strawberry plants ordered to plant yet this fall. It is crazy time consuming, but hopefully worth it next year when I am eating fresh strawberries and making strawberry jelly. I am also including an incredibly blurry picture of my 1/2 scale house. I cut notches in the floor so that it would look more like planks and then stained it a dark brown. I really like it. In the picture are 2 adorable little pots of flowers. My hubby was out on a delivery for work the other day and happened to find a small dollhouse shop. He brought me home flowers for the 1/2 scale house front porch. I think that is about the sweetest thing ever. Now I am trying to figure out how I can get him to take me to this little dollhouse shop! I didn't even know I had one near me! Hope everyone has a great week. A special thank you to my friend Laura that is always checking up on me- I'm still around girl- just busy, busy, busy. Another special thank you to Katie because I have been drinking carnation instant breakfast all week and it not only keeps me full till lunch but I don't feel nauseated after I drink it. I'm hugely thankful for that tip Katie!!!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Homemade spaghetti sauce...mmm, yummm :)

kibbygirl said...

love the garden!

sunshine said...

"Two steps back..."~ Thanks a lot! Now I've got that Paula Abdul song stuck in my head. :)

I love the mini flowers! What a nice hubby to get them for you. That's exciting that you have a store near you!

The garden in looking wonderful. I can only imagine how much work one that size is. No wonder you're so busy! Love the lollipops.

I planted asparagus a few years back. Unfortunatly my husband ran over them with the lawn mower. What a guy!

I'm glad that you are feeling better. You know how I worry....

((Hugs))
Laura

Katie said...

YEAH!!! I've been drinking it for a long time now! They taste so much better than Ensures!! I am soooo Glad it's helping!! :)

Thought that was so sweet of hubby to bring you home mini flowers!! Tell him he gets 2 thumbs up from me!!

Mellz (less apathy.more cake) said...

beautiful garden!! i like the mini flowers too. so cute :)

Debi Minter from WY said...

Your garden looks amazing. I wish I could come and have a cup of tea with you and enjoy all the wonderful riotous colors in your garden. I can't wait to see your miniature house when it's all finished. But, the journey is the destination and watching it grow is where the fun is!
HuGGs!
Debi

Deni said...

Oh I would love a cottage garden Your garden looks lovely!!!