Monday, July 13, 2009

Award


I had lots to do this weekend at home and upon arriving to my blog this morning I see that I have been given a couple of awards! First, I have the Bella Sinclair Award.

I was gifted this award by three wonderful people:

http://prunellascreation.blogspot.com/

http://caseymini.blogspot.com/

http://mizmaryminis.blogspot.com

Thank you so much to all three of you! Here is the info about this award:

"This award was designed by Ces for her friend Bella. Ces wrote:- I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honour the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger, whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomises all of these things. "

"I have chosen to symbolize this award with the Quercus lobata or Valley Oak. It is a simple and unadorned award but heavy on meaning. The Valley Oak is a large handsome tree with a stout and sturdy trunk and widely spreading branches that form a broad open crown. It can reach up to a height of 100 feet and a diameter of 4 feet, sometimes much greater. It is the largest of the western deciduous oaks and is a handsome and graceful shade tree..."


I am very honored to receive this award. I have met some incredible, kind, sharing and truly gifted people since I started this blog. I really think that this award belongs to too many people to list. I choose to send this award on to :

Tiffany at http://minimischief.blogspot.com/


Tiffany has been so helpful to me as I started blogging and she is constantly working on improving, learning and growing in all the art forms she does- from mini making to painting to drawing. I find lots of inspiration from Tiffany and I love her sense of humor- she often puts a smile on my face.

Laura at http://sunshineshangout.blogspot.com/

Laura reached out to me with kindness when I was just starting my blogging journey just because she thought we would get along. Turns out she was right and I can't imagine not knowing her. Laura works hard and excels on the art of family and a happy home-a skill I deeply admire. I can't look at the pictures of her kids or her hubby without feeling the love that family shares. Laura is also an excellent friend that always reaches out to me when she senses something is bugging me and she can always make me laugh out loud. I am glad that I have met you Laura!!

Doreen at http://doreensminiatures.blogspot.com/


Doreen seems to have the same interests and love of nature as I do. I am always happy when she posts about what the wildlife are doing around her and I absolutely love that we can share garden pictures. I can never get enough of flowers and gardens. Doreen has also showed me so much kindness since I started blogging and I have learned so much from her willingness to share how she has made things.

Eva at http://prunellascreation.blogspot.com/

Eva is a special treasure. I can be having the worst day ever and if Eva posts a story and artwork the day is instantly better. I love that Eva is so gifted with her magical words and that she shares them with the world. I feel transported to her worlds when I read her blog.

I could pass this award on to so many others- there are so many people that I read that I think show kindness, excellence in their art and know the value of friendship. I could write for an hour I think. Mary and Casey- that have kindly given this award to me- show these traits for sure. I have learned so much from them and everyone else that is more skilled in dollhouse miniatures than I am, but kindly passes along tips and hints and tutorials. This is why I dislike awards- so hard to choose who to pass them to when really everyone should have one.

Thank you ladies!!

No comments: