Monday, June 1, 2009

School!!!!!!!!

Today I scheduled an appointment for an assesment test at our local community college. To say that I am scared would be an understatement! I have not been to school in 20 years! I am only going to take one class the first semester back- just in case I have a problem adjusting to being a student! I'm not aiming for a degree or anything- at least not now:) I am hoping to learn more to help me with the job I have now and to help me get a new job if I lost this one. I was hired for the job I have even though I have never really worked in an office before. Sometimes I end up teaching myself how to use a program rather than admit to Corporate that I have never used it( I am alone in this office in a branch location). So far, I have been doing pretty good, but I know there must be easier ways to do the things I do and so I am going back to school to learn the correct way. I am pretty scared- I DO NOT like change or things that are not in my normal routine. Something like this is a pretty big, brave step for me so I will probably be writing about it now and then to spare my hubby having to listen to it :) Anyhow, assesment test tomorrow and then I schedule an appointment with a councelor for help on how I should proceed. I feel like a child and an adult all at the same time!!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

My best wishes to you on this new adventure, Kim! I don't like change either but have learned that they can be exciting, too.

Kim said...

Thank you Mary! It is hard to choose between being scared and being excited! The first step is always the hardest :)

Katie's Clay Corner said...

How Brave! It's not as bad as you think it is...just take one step at a time!! You can do it!!! :)

sunshine said...

I don't like change either.
I never finished high school (hard to believe,I know given how intelligent I seem)
I always regret not finishing though. Over the years I always wanted to go back. I was only 2 credits short. One thing or the other always seemed to get in my way.
Good for you though! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it. I will live vicariously though you for the time being. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

kibbygirl said...

That's exciting, I hope you enjoy it and adjust quickly. I loved school, but it would be hard to go back after several years. I'm sure you will do great!

Kim said...

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments. I am looking at it exactly as Katie says- one step at a time. After today my first hurdle will be crossed! :)