Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sewing cushions


I have not been up to much. I have started to sew a couple of cushions for my dollhouse. I have had many starts and many "rip-outs" but after getting some good advice from Tiffany over at http://minimischief.blogspot.com/ I think I might finally be getting the hang of it. I want to try to make a rug, but I figured after I had so much trouble getting it down pat I would start out with a couple of pillows instead. Here's my stitching so far. The horrible looking triangle off to itself is one of the "rip-outs" I have not finished ripping out:) I also ordered a tea cozy kit from the website Tiffany sent me to- although I think I must be crazy if I had so much trouble with a pillow! I really want some tea cozies in my tea room though- so I am keeping at it and I WILL get this embroidiery thing down pat!

4 comments:

sunshine said...

Looks great to me! I can't wait to see the finished product. :)
Laura

MiniKat said...

You're going to do a great job. Hang in there!

Kim said...

Laura,

Thank you- actually now that I think I am stitching the right way it is going much faster!

Kat,

Thank you! I am trying to remind myself that I am just starting so it's not going to look as great as some of the amazing work I have been seeing :) It looks so much better since Tiffany helped me out!

Tiffany said...

Kim,

It's looking great! See, once you get the hang of it, it's easy. And addicting. I'm glad I could help. Great job! Doesn't it feel so good to learn something new?