Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to normal tomorrow

This has been a long week. We have been doing inventory at work and trying to meet a couple of other deadlines. I have not been doing much after work except making dinner, cleaning up and spending time in the garden. If I don't spend time in the garden each day the weeds can easily take over and get ahead of me. Let's not talk about the fact that I love to be out there. That's not why I NEED to spend time out there each day. It's the weeds- really. I am looking forward to being able to spend some time this weekend working on my tea shop roombox. Last night I started to construct the first wicker chair and it is actually kind of fun. The hard part is letting glue dry in between steps. I am not a very patient person. My real house really needs a good cleaning though, so I think I will make a compromise with myself and clean in between glue drying. I am going to try to make a table with a tablecloth from a tutorial from Casey's minis blog too if I have time. Hopefully I will have some pictures to share next week. Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

5 comments:

sunshine said...

I haven't spent any time out in my garden this week. We've had rain since Tuesday (I'm getting sick of it!!).
I'm trying (not very hard) to get caught up on some housework today!
I'm not patient either. I'd never be able to do the dollhouse stuff. I'd get mad and end up wrecking it all.
I've missed you this week!!!!!
Have a lovely weekend. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

Mary said...

Kim, I've tagged you! Please visit my blog for details: http://mizmaryminis.blogspot.com/2009/05/happy-birthday-to-my-hammieand-tag-shes.html

Katie's Clay Corner said...

I love being in the garden, too! Still awaiting the arrival of my dayliles!!! can't wait to see the wicker chair...I keep thinking about making one, but am still a little nervous! LOL...One day!! Have a great weekend, Too!!

beyondbaffled said...

I too had ambitious plans for cleaning my house and working on my minis this weekend, but David had plans for us to go camping so he won out! I see that you've already been tagged recently so I hope you don't mind another from me. Please visit my blog for more information and have fun!

Kim said...

Laura,
Could you send some of your rain to me? We have had a really dry May. The news said 3rd dryest in history. Don't be in too much of a hurry to catch up on the housework, it will wait for you :)

Mary and Jessie,

Thank you for tagging me :)
I've done this one already so I think I will re-do the questions, but I don't think I will re-tag anyone else if that is ok.

Katie,
I don't think my wicker chairs are what you are thinking- they are pretty easy because they are not very ornate. I'm going to try to post a pic today or tomorrow. I am nervous to try altering a building with paper clay and you have that mastered so I am pretty sure you could do a wicker chair:) I am in love with marshmallow manor!!