Friday, April 24, 2009

Rainy gardens and new tea room floors






I have some eye candy to share today. First off, I have some pictures of my garden. So many others have shared wonderful pictures of blooming spring and I am grateful. My spring is still pretty brown. I have some pictures- still a lot of cleaning out of old stems and such from last year to be done. You can see that we have started the path a bit on the sunny days. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day- really warm too- I think we were in the 80's. The hubby and I decided it was a wonderful day to put more path down. Best laid plans. Out of nowhere a storm rolled in and we ran out in rainjackets to put the blue tarp you see in one picture down over the freshly laid concrete. It was refreshing- to say the least. It worked though- this morning the concrete was good and firm with no big craters from rain- but it is not quite dry yet. Hopefully we will get enough sun in the next couple of days to fix that. The iris that you see in one of the other pictures is about the tallest thing in my garden right now. If I had planted any spring bulbs you would see those here in Minnesota- but I did not do any bulbs in my garden last year.

I also am posting pictures of the floor in my tea roombox. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt at doing my own flooring. It took longer than I thought it would, but I was only working on it in between all those real life things like laundry and dishes and my job. I am not done with the shelving- I have more plans and finishing to do, but I could not resist putting some of the tea sets in there just to see what it would look like. I can be such a kid sometimes!

I have lots of plans this weekend. Still painting a couple of rooms in the real house and I am in the process of re-covering some cushions on some chairs- so hopefully I will finish some of that and be able to work a bit on some minis.

Hope your weekend is wonderful too!

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Your garden looks about the same as mine. Today was beautiful and I noticed more shoots coming up. Wont be long now. The floor in your tea room turned out very well.

MiniKat said...

Your garden looks like it's going to be brilliant soon.

Love the tea shop. :-)

sunshine said...

I can't wait to see your garden in bloom. I'm sure it will be beautiful. I'll have to do some update photos of my garden soon too!
That storm that you had, rolled in here today! I was sitting in Pizza Hut with the kids and all of a sudden all hell broke loose outside. It only lasted about half an hour and then it got all sunny.
The tea room floor turned out lovely. Now, I don't ever want to see the "Laura Doll" on her hands and knees scrubbing it!
((Hugs))
Laura

Debi Minter from WY said...

You GO GIRL! I LOVE the floor. I wish I had a place to put a floor down on! It looks great! SO, where do you create? Have you posted a picture of that yet???
HuGGs!
Debi

Kim said...

Debi,

Sometimes I create things at a small card table in front of the couch in the living room (when hubby complains about being left alone) and sometimes I create in my art room. I don't remember if I posted many pictures of it or not- it is an absolute mess, but that is ok with me because then I am not afraid to make a mess in there. I will try to post some pics of it yet this week so you can see what I mean :)