Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter and spring in orange

This is kind of a rambling post of thoughts and a reminder to myself to do something about it for next year. I simply adore looking at the blogs and flickr pictures of other people's homes decorated for the seasons. I am in love with posts of pastel easter displays and spring groupings, but my house is decorated year round in the colors that I personally love- which would be golden yellows, reds, maroons, darker blues, oranges and greens. You don't see many spring cute fun easter displays in oranges, reds and yellows. I think my mission for next year is to create my own fun display using the colors that would match my home, but still convey a fun feeling of spring and the new season of growing life. I love the Easter Egg Tree over on Mercede's Liberty Biberty blog- maybe I could make something like that if I included some peach and soft green and soft yellow eggs with yellow, red and orange eggs? Hmmmmm, I think that I am thinking of another project to add to my list. I probably even have all the supplies for it up in the mess I call my art room!

3 comments:

Jean Day said...

Great idea!

sunshine said...

I love all the Easter displays too.
Lucky for me my favorite colours are yellow's and pinks! :)
Your idea sounds really great. You're a smart chick. You'll come up with some great idea's I'm betting.
Take care!
((Hugs))
Laura

Tallulah~Belle said...

No reason why you can't be different and have pumpkin colored eggs...you go girl...you might start a new trend :-)