Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snowy March

March can be a snow filled month in Minnesota. Today would be a good example. This is the time of year when I just ache for open windows, fresh air, the smell of soil, green buds popping up on the trees. As much as I desire this, we still really have another month of winter here and Mother Nature is reminding us today. Here's some pictures of my garden and my backyard. The snow is coming down pretty heavy but you can't really tell too much in the pictures- I need a better camera. I think I am going to go curl up with some beading under a blanket next to the stove.

Garden

Garden close up

Backyard

2 comments:

Debi Minter from WY said...

HEY! Your yard looks like our yard! We have at LEAST another month of winter too. We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday. Today it was just plain COLD. There was a high of 3 today and tonight we're getting -7. Tomorrow will be a little bit better. A high of 23 and low of 17. Then it's supposed to warm up slowly. Thurday is going to be sunny and clear, but only 35. LOVE the pictures!
HuGGs
Debi

Kim said...

Isn't it hard to wait for the winter to end! I get so tired of the warm, then cold, then warm, then cold! Patience is a virtue and I sure do appreciate the spring a lot more than most people so I will just tough it out :) Stay warm Debi!!