Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dollhouse

I have a front opening dollhouse that I bought a couple of years ago. I have always had dollhouses growing up- mostly plastic sets that you get for christmas as a child. I have been fascinated with miniature things since I was a little girl. I always wanted a dollhouse that opened in the front and I finally bought myself one. Since I was a florist for so many years I decided my dollhouse would be a flower shop with an apartment that the owner lived in above the shop. After I had the house for about a year I decided that I needed a bakery next door- so now there is a husband and wife team that run a flower shop and a bakery and live in the apartments above the stores. My husband built the roombox type addition that houses the bakery and another room in the apartment.

Anyhow- this last weekend I added some work on the living room. It is so fun to steal away some hours to just play.

Here is a little shot of the living room in my dollhouse and a shot of the front of the flower shop and the side of the bakery in progress. The entrance to the bakery is on the side.

Dollhouse

dollhouse trim 1

No comments: